If you feel that any of your rights have been violated you may contact the:
LOUISIANA OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM
AT 504-925-1700 or 1-800-223-5872 OR THE LOCAL OMBUDSMAN COORDINATOR AT (337) 262-5990
GRIEVANCE POLICY AND PROCEDURE
It is Eastridge Asssisted Living's policy to encourage each resident, their family members, attorneys, and or advocates to exercise their right to voice or present a grievance, concern or suggestion addressing all areas of living within the residence. Every effort will be made to resolve the concern or grievance to the residents and/or family’s, attorneys, and or advocates satisfaction.
1. Residents, their family members, attorneys, and or advocates may voice their concerns or suggestions to a member of management at any time. The manager will take the information to the appropriate department head who will follow-up in the appropriate manner and make every effort to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the resident, their family members, attorneys, and or advocates,
2. Residents, their family members, attorneys, and/or advocates who wish to lodge a concern or grievance regarding resident services and/or life at the residence may contact the Executive Director verbally or in writing. The Executive Director will relay the concern or grievance in writing to the appropriate Department Director. The Department Director will investigate the concern or grievance and make every effort to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the resident, their family members, attorneys, and or advocates and will reply in writing the response to the Executive Director.
3. Residents may also present a formal grievance or concern and make suggestions at the monthly Resident Council Meeting. The concern will be directed to the appropriate department manager for resident satisfaction with the results of follow-up documented in the Resident Council Minutes.
4. The Executive Director may attend Resident Council meetings, if invited, to address concerns they need assistance with. The Executive Director then relays concerns to the appropriate Department Director for resolution. Minutes of the meetings are kept by the Activities Director.
5. The Management Team is always available to discuss concerns of residents, their family members, attorneys, and or advocates. Should a grievance or concern be presented that is difficult for the designated department to rectify, to the residents’ satisfaction, it will then be brought to the attention of all members involved in the Resident Plan of Care. A team approach will be utilized to address the resident grievance.
6. The residents, their family members, attorneys, and or advocates shall be notified in writing within 30 days from the date the initial complaint was voiced.
7. Copies of written concerns and grievances and their findings will be maintained by the Executive Director.