In order to register your child at Dozier Elementary School, the following documents are required.
1. Original birth certificate
2. Child’s Social Security Card
3. Completed/Updated Immunization Record
4. Two Proofs of Domicile
* Current utility bill, if the bill is not in the custodial parent’s name an affidavit form provided by the school must be completed.
* One of the following:
Gas bill, water bill, proof of ownership (homestead exemption, rent receipt, home owner’s insurance)
5. In case of divorce/separation, court appointed custody papers.
6. If transferring from another school, completed withdrawal papers from last school are needed.
· “Meet and Greet” session for students and parents will be held on Aug. 12th from 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Students may bring their school supplies at this time.
· Pre-K parent meeting will be held Monday, Aug. 16 at 6 p.m. in the cafeteria. (no students)
· Kindergarten parent meeting will be on Monday, Aug. 16 at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria.
· Monday, Aug. 16, 2010 – First day of school for Grades 1-5.
· Pre-k and kindergarten’s 1st day of school - The schedule set for pre-k and kindergarten will allow half of the students to attend school on Thursday, Aug. 19 and the second half will attend Friday, Aug. 20. Parents of pre-k and kindergarten students will receive specific information concerning their child’s testing schedule and first day of school in the mail.
· Mandatory screening of pre-k & kindergarten students will be held on Aug. 18, 19 and 20. The specific time and date for their child will be mailed to each parent/guardian.
Information and continued updates may be found on the school calendar and Dozier Elementary website at http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/dozier. If parents/guardians have questions they can call the school at 337-937-6915 or e-mail Principal Karla Toups (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Principal Natalie Hebert (email@example.com) or Counselor Glenn Roy LeBlanc (firstname.lastname@example.org).