It will begin at 2 p.m.
First Assistant Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin will welcome guests to the ceremony to honor the 11 Louisiana service cross recipients who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
• Gen. Robert H. Barrow, U.S. Marine Corps, Distinguished Service Cross and Navy Cross, from St. Francisville
• Platoon Sgt. Thomas E. Barrow, U.S. Marine Corps, Navy Cross, from Benton
•Pfc. William C. Bird, U.S. Marine Corps, Navy Cross, from Benton
Master Sgt. Charles L. Creger, U.S. Army, Distinguished Service Cross, from Caddo
Cpl. Brian James Gauthier, U.S. Marine Corps, Navy Cross, from Mansura
Lance Cpl. George E. Gray, U.S. Marine Corps, Navy Cross, from Shreveport
Lt. Elbert Stewart Heim, U.S. Navy-Reserve, Navy Cross, from Bossier
• James R. Hudspeth, U.S. Army, Distinguished Service Cross
• 1st Sgt. David Mitchell Kaufman, U.S. Marine Corps, Navy Cross, from Plaquemine
• Lt. Cmdr. Valdemar Greene Lambert, U.S. Navy, Navy Cross, from Jennings
• Lt. Cmdr. David Brooks Robinson, U.S. Navy, Navy Cross, from Alexandria
Each branch awards their service cross members who have demonstrated extreme valor in the face of an armed enemy. These awards are second only to the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Family members, friends and guests from throughout the United States will attend. Admission is free. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs. For more information, call 337.898.9645.