For the second year in a row, Nathan Granger will be president of the jury, and Ronald Menard will be the vice president.
Also, committee chairmen were named by Granger.
In other business, three police jurors nominated names to the Vermilion Parish Tourist Commission.
• The three nominated and approved are police juror Ronald Darby, Bertha Guidry and Kathy Terpening.
•The jury hired Johnny Clarence Levine as an animal warden for the Rabies and Animal Control Facility, contingent upon passing all pre-employment requirements.
• The jury is expected to send George Putnam a letter in regards to his cut trees on the side of Hwy. 343. The trees are said to be cut by a contractor and then hauled to the side of the road where they remain today. The police jury does not pick up trees or tree branches that have been cut down by a contractor.
• The jury approved advertising for the animal control clerk position at the Rabies and Animal Control Facility.
• The jury awarded Donnie Derouen Electrical Services Inc. in the amount of $1,990 to run the electricity to the heating units located at the Cecil McCrory Building.
• The jury approved the invoice of Miller Roofing Inc. for the amount of $3,800 relative to the replacement of a door frame located at the Parish Solid Waste Facility. The cost is to be paid from the 1994 Sales Tax Funds.
• The jury approved the payment of $21,162 to Ray Chevrolet relative to the purchase of a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 3/4 ton heavy duty regular cab, four-wheel drive through state contract. The truck is for the parish’s Animal and Rabies Control facility.