Principal Wendy Stoute has set dates for new student registration, orientation, the upcoming “Meet and Greet” session, as well as the parent meetings for Pre K and Kindergarten.
New Student Registration
August 4th - New Student “registration” for students in grades Kindergarten through 6th will be held from 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
August 9th - New Student “orientation” in CPE cafeteria, 9:00 A.M.
In order to register your child at Cecil Picard at Maurice Elementary School , the following documents are required.
1. Original birth certificate
2. Child’s Social Security Card
3. Completed/Updated Immunization Record
4. Two Proofs of Domicile
* Current utility bill, if the bill is not in the custodial parent’s name an affidavit form provided by the school must be completed.
* One of the following:
Gas bill, water bill, proof of ownership (homestead exemption, rent receipt, home owner’s insurance)
5. In case of divorce/separation, court appointed custody papers.
6. If transferring from another school, completed withdrawal papers from last school are needed.
· “Meet and Greet” session for students and parents will be held on August 12th from 3:00 P.M.-6:00 P.M.
· PreK and Kindergarten Parent Meeting will August 12th at 6:00 P.M.
· Parents will receive invitations by mail indicating homeroom teacher’s name. Students are strongly encouraged to bring all school supplies at this time.
Monday, August 16, 2010 – First day of school for Grades 1-6.
· Pre K and Kindergarten students 1st Day of School - The schedule set for Pre K and Kindergarten will allow half of the students to attend school on Thursday, August 19th and the second half will attend Friday, August 20th. All PreK and K students will attend school on Monday, August 23rd. Parents of Pre K and Kindergarten students will receive specific information concerning their child’s testing schedule and first day of school in the mail.
· Mandatory Screening of Pre-K & K Students will be held on August 18th, 19th and 20th. The specific time and date for their child will be mailed to each parent/guardian.
Information may be found on the updated school website @ http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/maurice . Should parents/guardians have questions, they may call the school at 337-893-3887 or email Principal Wendy Stoute (email@example.com ), Assistant Principal Marlene Primeaux (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Counselor Maxine Dartez (email@example.com).